Saturday, September 09, 2006

P66 - P72 Throttle hold to land

I've been really focusing on flying whole packs on side-in hovering, left and then right. I really want to nail them down before I move onto practice nose-in. I would like to have as much comfort as possible.

I read on some forums about someone describing using throttle hold to land. It sounded interesting so I decided to try it. I hover down to less than 6 inches off the deck and hit throttle hold. The Trex just falls gently to the deck and she's down. I find I like this technique for the following reasons:

  1. I can land in both normal and idle up. Now that I'm trying to fly more and more time in idle up mode, it's something I don't have to think about.
  2. The heli is put into throttle hold the moment it sets down (actually a moment before). I don't have to worry about accidently flipping into idle up or moving the throttle and have the bird spin up on the ground.
I definately recommend everyone giving it a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home