Saturday, January 19, 2008

My Typhoon Maiden

Well, here is a shot of my Typhoon just prior to the maiden. I picked up up used from a user at RCGroups. It's in pretty good shape. Brushless motor and 20Amp ESC. I'm using a 3S 2100 mAh lipo.

Alas, the maiden did not go as well as I hoped. Upon lifting from the ground it rolled left and cartwheeled onto the dirt. Fortunately, the damage was minimal, just a broken clevis and a mildly stripped rudder servo. (Gotta love foam planes!) The servo still works fine, I just can't get maximum deflection (for 3D).

I've repaired the clevis and I'm going to try again tomorrow. This time, I'll be ready for the torque roll.
Posted by Picasa


Edit: Sunday 1/20/08 OK, it wasn't excess torque roll that caused my Typhoon to flip. I set up my ailerons backwards! It took the observant eyes of my brother-in-law to point it out. Man, I am such a doof.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home